Want to make an easy apple cobbler gluten free? Look no further! This apple cobbler is naturally gluten free and has the perfect crumble topping with soft cinnamon apples underneath.
- 2 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup gluten free oat flour
- 4 apples (peeled)
- 2 sticks of grass fed butter (room temperature)
- 4 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp fair trade vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup fair trade coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup fair trade cane sugar
- Pinch sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- Peel and thinly slice apples.
- In a medium size bowl combine sliced apples, 2 tsp cinnamon, coconut sugar, and a pinch of sea salt.
- Mix well until apples are evenly coated and and then set off to the side.
- Next, in a large bowl combine oats, oat flour, butter (cubed), 2 tsp cinnamon, vanilla extract, 1/4 cup cane sugar, and a pinch of sea salt. You may want to work the dough with your hands, which will help evenly combine the mixture and create those clusters.
- Next, taking a square baking dish begin to layer the gluten free apple cobbler by placing one layer of apples on the bottom of the dish. Next, add a layer of the oat mixture, sprinkling it evenly across the apples.
- Repeat until you are out of apples and oat topping, making sure to end with a layer of the oat cluster mixture.
- Lastly, sprinkle the remaining 1/4 cup of cane sugar over the gluten free apple cobbler and place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Once the top of the gluten free apple cobbler is golden brown, remove from oven and allow to cool slightly before serving.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Keywords: gluten free apple cobbler, apple cobbler gluten free