These banana zucchini muffins are naturally sweetened with no added sugar making them the perfect healthy breakfast or snack option for baby led weaning and picky toddlers.
- 3 cup zucchini shredded (4 medium zucchinis)
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 tahini
- 2 tb Chia seeds
- 2 c Oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a large muffin tray
- Wash and shred zucchini using a cheese grater into a bowl
- Once the zucchini is shredded place in a cheese cloth or towel and ring the zucchini out, removing any excess liquid you can.
- Place the shredded zucchini in a large bowl and add 3 ripe mashed bananas, 1/4 cup milk, 2 eggs, vanilla, and 1/4 cup tahini.
- Mix all wet ingredients until well combined
- Next add chia seeds, oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder, and baking soda
- Mix again with a fork or spatula until well combined.
- At this point if you feel your batter is too wet you could add a little more oat flour, or a few tablespoons of maple syrup for a sweeter muffin.
- Scoop into well greased muffin tins, and bake for 40-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before serving
- If you notice that your muffins are coming out a little gummy you probably need to bake them longer. Zucchini’s hold A LOT of water, which is why these muffins need to be baked for ~45 minutes.
- If you would like a sweeter muffin you can sprinkle some brown sugar or honey on top after they come out of the oven, or you could add a few tablespoons of honey or brown sugar to the recipe.
- These muffins will stick to paper liners or an un-greased muffin tin so make sure to spray your muffin liners if using them, or grease your metal tin very well before adding the muffin batter.
Keywords: zucchini banana muffins, baby led weaning muffins, banana zucchini muffins