These chewy gluten free molasses cookies are the perfect mix of a molasses cookie and a ginger snap with their warm spiced flavor that is perfect for cozy winter days and all your holiday celebrations.
- 3/4 cup organic butter
- 3/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 1/4 cup raw brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsulfured molasses
- 1 pasture raised egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 cups bobs red milk gluten free flour
- 1 tsp cloves
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tb cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Next, in a large mixing bowl cream together softened butter, sugar, brown sugar, and molasses.
- Add egg and vanilla to creamed butter and sugar until well combined.
- In a separate medium size bowl combine baking soda, gluten free flour, cloves, cinnamon, ground ginger, and salt.
- Use a whisk to mix the dry ingredients together, removing any clumps.
- Slowly add dry ingredients to the wet ingredients with the mixer on the lowest speed.
- Once a thick dough forms remove bowl from mixer and using a spatula scoop the dough into a large ball on a piece of parchment paper.
- Fold the parchment paper around the dough and then place in the refrigerator to chill overnight.
- Once chilled, roll the dough into small 1 inch balls and then roll each ball in a small bowl with cinnamon and sugar before placing on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Make sure to leave ample space between each cookie dough ball as they will spread out on the cookie sheet.
- Place your cookie sheet in the preheated oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Once the edges of the cookies begin to crisp remove from the oven and allow to cool completely before transferring to a plate for serving.
Keywords: ginger molasses cookies, chewy ginger molasses cookies