This easy to make bright pink roasted beet hummus recipe is smooth and creamy, and its stunning pink color makes for a great crowd pleaser.
- 1 – 15 oz can white cannellini beans (rinsed)
- 1/4 cup reserved bean liquid
- 1/2 cup tahini
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium size red beet (roasted)
- Juice of one lemon
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachio
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F
- Next, wash, peel, and slice your beet into quarters.
- Place beet slices on a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet and place in the oven for ~1 hour or until a knife when inserted can easily slide through the beets.*
- Once beets are finished cooking remove from oven and allow to cool slightly.
- Next, in a food processor pulse the beets until only small pieces remain.
- Then combine drained white beans, bean liquid, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Taste your hummus and add more salt/pepper or lemon per your taste. At this point you can also add a few more tablespoons of bean liquid or water if needed for a thinner desired consistency.
- Top the hummus with a sprinkle of chopped pistachios and a drizzle of olive oil.
- Serve with sliced veggies or crackers and enjoy!
Alternatively you can buy pre-cooked beets and use those to reduce the time it takes to make this hummus.
Keywords: roasted beet hummus