This vibrant Mediterranean White Bean Salad Recipe is the perfect simple meal for nights when you don’t want to cook! Made with canned cannellini beans, kalamata olives, fresh feta, and crisp fruit and veggies, this salad will quickly become a new family favorite!
- 2 cups canned cannellini beans
- 1 cup canned kalamata olives (pitted)
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1 pint fresh cherry tomatoes
- 1 large cucumber
- 2 nectarines, sliced
- 4–6 small European plums, sliced
- 1 small bunch fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pour cannellini beans into a colander, rinse well and allow to dry.
- Next, wash and dry all produce well to prep for making your salad.
- Slice the cherry tomatoes, nectarines, and plums into bite size pieces and set to the side.
- Using a peeler, shave the cucumber into long ribbons. Once you reach the inner seeds chop the remaining cucumber into rounds. This method will allow you to enjoy the entire cucumber with little food waste.
- Next drain the canned kalamata olives from their brine and remove pits if necessary.
- Place the cucumber, cherry tomatoes, nectarines, plums, and kalamata olives into a large salad bowl.
- Pour the rinsed cannellini beans into the salad bowl and mix ingredients together until well mixed.
- Loosely chop 1 small bunch of fresh basil and sprinkle over the salad.
- Next, sprinkle feta chunks into the salad and add a simple dressing of extra virgin olive oil and vinegar.
- Add sea salt to taste and serve for the perfect summer lunch or dinner, or as a delicious side dish to your favorite grilled chicken or fish.
If making this salad ahead of time, make the dressing and store in a small container to dress your salad right before serving. I would also recommend adding the feta cheese to the salad right before serving to reduce any sogginess.
Keywords: white bean salad, white bean salad recipe, mediterranean white bean salad