These cranberry cheesecake bars are a classic twist on a traditional cheesecake, made entirely with gluten free and vegan friendly ingredients. The decadent cheesecake layer mixed with local cranberries is perfect for any holiday party.
Cranberry Cheesecake Ingredients
- 2 cups raw cashews (soaked in water ideally overnight)
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cacao butter, melted
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
Cranberry Swirl Ingredients
- 2 cups fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup honey
- Orange zest
Cranberry Cheesecake Crust Ingredients
- 1/4 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 4 medjool dates
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Make the Crust:
- Add all crust ingredients to a high-speed food processor (I use a cuisinart 8 cup) and blend on high until a dough forms. You may need to push down the ingredients using a spatula a few times.
- Next, place parchment paper on a square baking pan. Place the dough in the pan, and using your fingers or a spatula push the dough down until it forms an even layer.
- Place the cheesecake pan in the freezer and allow the crust to harden, about 1 hour.
Make the Vanilla Cheesecake Layer
- Next, for the cheesecake layer, soak the cashews in a bowl of water for a minimum of two hours (ideally overnight).
- Once cashews have soaked, remove from water and discard liquid.
- Add soaked cashews to high-powered blender (I use a vitamix) along with 1 cup chilled coconut milk (the thick cream from the can), cacao butter, vanilla extract, maple syrup and sea salt.
- Blend ingredients on high until a frothy, pudding-like batter forms that is completely smooth. Remove batter from blender and pour over hardened cheesecake crust.
Make the Cranberry Swirl
- Add fresh cranberries, water, honey, and orange zest to a medium size saucepan over medium heat. Stir continuously until the cranberries begin to breakdown and a jam like mixture forms.
- Next, remove cranberry mixture from the stove and pour it through a fine mesh sifter over a small bowl to remove the seeds/stems from the cranberry mixture.
- Discard the seeds, and take your smooth cranberry mixture and add it to the food processor. Process on high until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Lastly, take the cranberry mixture and add a few spoonfuls to the top of the cheesecake batter. Using a fork swirl the cranberry mixture through the cheesecake and place the cheesecake back in the freezer.
Allow your cheesecakes to fully set, ideally freezing for 2-4 hours. Once you are ready to serve, remove your cheesecakes from the freezer, pull on the parchment paper, and easily remove from the pan. Then cut your cheesecakes into small squares and serve immediately.
If your cheesecakes are not going to be eaten right away make sure to keep them in the refrigerator/freezer. They are best served when they are cool and firm. If let out to sit for too long they will become soft.
Keywords: cranberry cheesecake, cranberry cheesecake bars, vegan cheesecake, dairy free cheesecake, gluten free cheesecake