This cranberry pound cake with cream cheese streusel icing is the perfect breakfast cake to make ahead for cozy winter mornings.
Cranberry Pound Cake Ingredients
- 1 cup gluten free flour
- 2 cups gluten free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 8 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw honey
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups cranberries (fresh, cut in halves)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
Cream Cheese Icing
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F and grease a 9″ round baking dish.
- Combine gluten free flour, oat flour, salt, and baking powder in a medium size bowl and whisk throughly to remove any clumps.
- Next, using a high-speed mixer (or hand mixer) combine almond milk, coconut oil (room temperature), eggs, honey, coconut sugar, and vanilla.
- Continue to mix wet mixture on a medium speed until well combined.
- Next, add dry mixture to wet mixture, and slowly continue mixing until well combined, and no clumps remain.
- Gently fold your cranberries and walnut into the batter and pour batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for roughly 35-40 minutes, or until the center of the batter has cooked through.
- Once the cranberry pound cake has cooled throughly ice the cake with coconut icing in any pattern you prefer, or you could also simply sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top for a very mild sweetness.
Cream Cheese Icing
- Using a high speed mixer or hand mixer, begin to whip the cream cheese icing ingredients together.
- Whip on high for roughly 3-4 minutes or until smooth, and then scoop into an icing bag (can also use a ziplock bag).
- Using a small round icing tip, or by simply cutting a small hole in the corner of a ziplock bag, ice the cake in whatever pattern you prefer.
Keywords: cranberry pound cake